NeedleWorks Galore

This is my story. I love creativity - whether it be sewing, quilting, embroidery, knitting, photography, or nature. Woodworking has always interested me. I am a widow of two years who is learning to create a new life and a new me. I have would probably have a whole menagerie of pets if I didn't stop myself. I am a child of God, learning to live my life for him in a way that pleases him. I hope by sharing a bit of my day to day story, someone will be blessed.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT

Yup, that is what I am. It is spring (well sort of) and in this lovely season and in fall, I always, always have a major arthritis flair. So, what did I do today? Offer to take three of my four grandkids for the afternoon and then give said grandkids and their father supper. Mom had a wedding shower to attend. We had fun though....except for little P. He is at the make strange stage and I almost had to stand on my head to get him warmed up to me. As I put on my facebook page - They came - they destroyed - they ate - they left. Such a whirlwind of activity, but wonderful activity. They have such great imaginations and a fort became a scary cave. Of course little Mr. 4 y.o. had to keep asking Miss 7 y.o. - Koda I'm not scared of caves right? Of course little Miss 7 had to let out a cackle and tell him no, them commence to torment the child with tales from the crypt or what she perceives as such. Next was bath time. Mr. 4 always has to have a bath at my place as I have the deepest tub. He can "swim" from one end to the other and not a drop of the "waves" hit the floor. If I was a lot lighter, I may be tempted to try that one, love playing in the water, just not baths. I am a shower gal all the way. Now I have to do the dishes, sweep the floor and put my bed back together. I believe grandmoms should always let a bit of mischief take place. It makes the best memories. Then I will be off to the medicine cabinet for another round of Advil and then hopefully my back will allow me to sit in bed and read. Tomorrow, will be a true day of rest, I don't think I could stand to sit in the chairs at church, so will listen to a few radio programs. I got rid of my satellite service. I don't watch much TV and I believe I will use that money in a more worthwhile way.

If any of you out there are widows, well heck even if you aren't a widow/er go on over to The Widows Mite: Encouragement for Widows. Virginia is an awesome person who puts a lot of thought and prayer into her writing. The same for Ferree over at Widows Christian Place. If you are just starting out on this journey or if you have progressed some of the way through are maybe stuck, or just to know someone is out there and rooting for you, please visit both blogs. They both offer encouragement, advice, music and sometimes some silliness - which we all need regularly. I visit them almost daily and really appreciate this ministry of theirs. God has used them both at times where I was struggling and voila my answer was through them.

I am not even going to rant today about the long winter we are having. Spring will come, it has to, the sun is getting so much higher in the sky and I saw my first Robin today. He was bobbing along the fence at the back. I am really glad my neighbours feed the birds. I would love to, but with a small back yard and I would have to shovel a path all the way from the front to the back. I don't think old Arthur would be able to take that much action. I will sleep with my window open tonight cause if there is one robin there is more and I so look forward to listening to them sing in the early morning. If I am lucky, Mr. Meadowlark will have arrived back and I may hear a song from him also. I think I am going to figure out a way to feed the birds next year (if I am still in this house).

Son #1 and his lovely wife have bought property way out in the boonies. They will have to clear between 200 and 300 trees just to build the approach and the house. It is such a beautiful property and I can hardly wait to watch it take shape. Glenn would have been in there like a dirty shirt, working  on anything he felt he could do and then some. When we first found out they got the property, we all had the same thought of Glenn. God is good and though we had a day of grief, we now talk freely of what Glenn would have done and what Glenn would like for them to have on this property. Now we are excited and we will see what they integrate of what Glenn would have wanted for them. The littles saw the property for the first time yesterday. Koda was quite put out - it's all trees. Grandmom told her we are building a giant tree house for us all to live in. Mr. 4 thought that would be quite cool. Guess Geoff will have his hands full trying to convince them that grandmom was just teasing, but that he will build a small tree house for them. I know I shouldn't do or say things like that, but in my world that is part of making memories. All the fun and banter we have.

Well, I best be getting to the dishes and then make a nice cuppa. Maybe I will knit instead of reading. Another birthday - another sweater.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Jean

No comments: