NeedleWorks Galore

This is my story. I love creativity - whether it be sewing, quilting, embroidery, knitting, photography, or nature. Woodworking has always interested me. I am a widow of two years who is learning to create a new life and a new me. I have would probably have a whole menagerie of pets if I didn't stop myself. I am a child of God, learning to live my life for him in a way that pleases him. I hope by sharing a bit of my day to day story, someone will be blessed.

Monday, October 13, 2014

I SEE SOMEONE PEEKING

I know who you are and you must be bored. What not enough turkey to put you in a lazy mood? Today, being Thanksgiving here in Canada, I did what everyone does on this last weekend of fall. That would be rush to get all the outside jobs done before the snow hits. Here in Manitoba, Halloween is the turning point. Every day past Halloween with out snow is a bonus. This is my list this weekend.
1. I made some raised beds. I borrowed the forms that were used for the services being put in under new houses. Don't worry, I asked. I also cleaned as much of the concrete off as possible. They are roughly three feet square. I put four of them in a square pattern then filled them with soil.
2. I then moved the rest of the soil to the area where I will be putting in a hedge and a pergola entrance. I am hoping to get the hedge plants this week and work on that when I get home from work.
Total soil moved was two yards. My wheelbarrow is not a construction one, so too sixteen loads for the garden beds and another twenty for the rest to be moved. I felt it Saturday night but am fine. Finally getting back into a bit of shape.
3. I washed all the windows on the outside. Had read somewhere that windshield washer fluid works well. It does, but you have to rinse the heck out of it. I need to do some more rinsing still - maybe it will rain and it will be a moot point.
4. I vacuumed the Santa Fe, wiped down all the grime inside and shampooed the seats and the floor mats. All dry, ready to go.
5. I shampooed two sofas.
6. I vacuumed and dusted and washed one floor. Handy Manny's are not neat workers in my neck of the woods.
7. I gave my kitchen a thorough cleaning, ran the dishes, made chicken breasts with roasted red pepper marinade and Paella.
8. I worked on Christmas stitching.
9. I picked up another storm door (did one last week), along with some vertical blinds for the patio door, some blinds for the studio, some plastic for the slider windows. Will pick up some batts of insulation this week for between the floor joists around the perimeter of the storage area and the utility room. In the builder's mind it was okay to only put foam insulation every third joist. Now I am ready for the Handy Manny's to come back. It is quite interesting listening to them work. Reminds me of Glenn and Alec working on the kids' places.

I did a bunch of other small crap, stuff which was neither here nor there. I did not eat turkey. We will celebrate Thanksgiving next Saturday. We have some farmers who need to finish their stuff, and some golfers who need to finish closing their courses before we can celebrate. We are fortunate it will be this early this year. Some years we only do it in November.

Blogger, after almost two years, caught up with the changes I made to my account, so if you want to see pictures of what's happening in my creative world, go take a look at my other blog Needleworks Galore.

Enjoy
Jean

No comments: