NeedleWorks Galore

This is my story. I love creativity - whether it be sewing, quilting, embroidery, knitting, photography, or nature. Woodworking has always interested me. I am a widow of two years who is learning to create a new life and a new me. I have would probably have a whole menagerie of pets if I didn't stop myself. I am a child of God, learning to live my life for him in a way that pleases him. I hope by sharing a bit of my day to day story, someone will be blessed.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

OVERLOAD

Not much blogging happening - way too much going on. Year end at work, computer issues at work, new equipment coming in at work, six feet of snow still outside and -25C windchill values, 5 birthdays this month with 2 grandsons from different parents on the same day then May will hit with about sixteen other birthdays, one wedding, a new baby due, still selling the house, son bought property, which will now change the areas I will be looking at - so new game plan....and on and on it goes. Next week should see a turn around in some things so am looking forward to that. Enjoyment in my life right now is actually planning a family reunion. I know, most people groan at that, but I am kind of enjoying it. Tomorrow should be the start of it being a bit warmer - at least we will be on the + side of zero. I think the last time we had winter for this long was first in 1979 when we got quite a significant flood and then one year when my aunt, my brother and I think his daughter came for Easter. They brought spring jackets and it turned out to be one of those years where the north winds were just a whipping off the two big lakes we had and it was soooo cold even if there was no snow. I am thinking that must have been early 80's. The mood disorders association compiled some statistics between the calls they have had, the doctors have had and the walk ins to the hospital seeking help for SAD (Seasonal Affect Disorder). Those who usually suffer with it, still have it and now they are saying that there is a 46% increase in people seeking help for it because of our late, late spring. It is so cold, that the drains on the street are all frozen, so when the snow starts to melt this weekend, there is going to be a lot of flooded streets. I am so thankful for the operation department that take their propane tank and torch and thaw the drains and also for all the pumps they have going. Working in that cold water and ice has got to be really rough. The other stat that came out is that the garden shops are seeing unprecedented numbers in their shops - but no one is buying, they all are there just to see something green growing. Anyway, I will quit boring you all with winter in Manitoba!  Hope you all have a good rest of the week. Hang in there Spring always comes followed by summer - better known as mosquito season.

Blessings to all

Jean

No comments: